- All parents need to sign up for scoutbook. You will be notified of upcoming events, be able to submit advancements from your child, and also track the progress of your child: https://scoutbook.scouting.org
- There is also a mobile app available
- Scoutbook Tutorial: https://help.scoutbook.scouting.org/knowledge-base/scoutbook-tutorial-for-parents/
- Health Form(s):
- The event is less than 72 hours: Fill out sections A & B
- The event is 72 hours or more (i.e. Summer Camp)
- Complete Sections A, B, C. C is to be completed by Physician
- Immunization Exemption Form: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/680-451.pdf
Leadership Application / Background Checks
All adults accompanying a Scouting unit who are present at the activity for 72 total hours or more must be registered as leaders. The 72 hours need not be consecutive.
The following must be completed and submitted to the Cub Master:
- BSA Leadership Application:
- Pennsylvania State Police Response for Criminal Background Check
- Cost: Free
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Cost: Free
- FBI Fingerprint Based Record Check:
- If you have lived in PA for over 10 years, you can complete this waiver: https://www.cccbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/A-Volunteer-Disclosure-Statement-in-place-of-FBI-Clearance.pdf
- If you have not lived in PA for over 10 years:
- Cost: $22.60
- www.identogo.com and use the code 1KG6ZJ
More details can be found at: https://www.cccbsa.org/resources/pa-background-checks/clearances/
- Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers and is a joining requirement.
- This training takes about 45 minutes.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be re-registered.